Welcome to Barton


Become a Barton Cougar!

Please visit the Barton Admissions webpage for full details and steps towards becoming a Cougar! Ready to apply? Fill out the Admissions Application.

Get Started Today

For prospective students who want to enroll in courses at Barton Fort Leavenworth Campus, there is no application fee or acceptance policy, but students are required to complete the general Barton Admissions Application.

All degree/certificate seeking students must have official post-graduation transcripts (High school, home school, or proof of GED) from each institution attended sent by the granting institution directly to Barton or by the student walking in a sealed/never opened copy. Home school credit evaluations may be submitted in lieu of a transcript or diploma from the school administrator.

Students entering college for the first time, pursuing a certificate or degree, or enrolling in a class requiring test scores must have ACT, SAT, Accuplacer or ASSET scores. These scores are used for placement in English and Math courses. Students without test scores may submit or take the Compass test. Barton’s assessment is free of charge. Contact the Fort Leavenworth Campus at (620) 796-4871 for further information.

Students applying in the following areas of study (below) may need to meet additional admission requirements. Contact the respective area for more information at programs@bartonccc.edu.

  • Medical Laboratory Technician - online
  • Nursing – must be at Barton Main Campus (Great Bend) to complete
  • Paramedic (MICT) – must be at Barton Main Campus (Great Bend) to complete

Students seeking accommodations under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act can call Student Support Services at (620) 792-9240 or studentsupport@bartonccc.edu.

Visa Information

F-1 Visa Students are accepted from Barton and issued an I-20 from Barton. Admissions procedures are located on website. The registrar will accept students and issue the I-20 once accepted. Students must enroll full-time in a degree seeking program and are allowed to stay at Barton for 2 years. Please review the following information for Visa procedures:

  • J-1 Visa Students are eligible to take college classes however Barton is not approved to allow enrollments from J-1 students.
  • B Visas For tourism or business – not eligible to enroll in college credit classes
  • F-2 Visa Dependent of an F-1 Visa applicant – not eligible to enroll in college credit classes.
  • C Visa Transit Visa – not eligible to enroll in college credit classes.
  • K Visa Fiancé Visa – applicants must be married within 90 days of arriving in the United States. Not allowed to enroll in college credit classes until visa status is changed.
  • H-4  Visa holders are allowed to full time or part time study during their stay in the United States.
  • A-2 Visa Not allowed to study in the United States.
  • A-2 Visa  (Dependents). Allowed to study in the Unites States. Do not need a student visa.

Please contact the Registrar's office for any further Visa questions at crowtherl@bartonccc.edu.