A student meets with an advisor on campus

Transfer Programs

Barton is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, therefore credits earned are accepted by most colleges and universities in the United States. By following the information provided by the Transfer Equivalency Program a student will be able to carefully plan an associate degree program, which will transfer without loss of credit. Students should utilize the expertise of academic advisors on campus, as well as information gained by contacting colleges and universities concerning degree requirements within the appropriate departments or colleges.

Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university, but are uncertain of the area of specialization or major, should consider taking general education courses required by most colleges or universities. Visit with an academic advisor concerning the “Transfer and Articulation Agreement” which provides a guide to general education planning for students transferring to instate colleges or universities.

Careful planning in cooperation with an academic advisor will result in a smooth transition from Barton to the transfer school. Barton students who have transferred to four-year colleges and universities have consistently done as well or better than the students who started at that four-year institution.