LSEC is designed to assist soldiers or their families to obtain opportunities to learn advanced skills needed for either higher-level leadership and staff positions or to further their educational goals. LSEC benefits the Army by providing Soldiers specific training which will enhance soldier and unit performance. Unit Commanders can schedule training to meet unit needs or enroll the soldier in an open scheduled class. See below for more information on each cycle. Schedules are updated often so check back regularly for the next cycle!
Cycle 6 Schedule: August 1 – September 12, 2023
Cycle 7 Schedule: September 18 – October 26, 2023
Cycle 1 Schedule: November 1 – December 14, 2023
Cycle 2 Schedule: January 8 – February 16, 2024
Cycle 3 Schedule: February 26 – April 11, 2024
Cycle 4 Schedule: April 17 – May 30, 2024
Cycle 5 Schedule: June 6 – July 19, 2024
Eligible: Active duty military and qualified dependents, Retired military and qualified dependents, DoD civilians and qualified dependents, National Guard/Army Reserve soldiers and honorably discharged veterans. Call for specific details.
Traditional courses (approx 90 mins each)
1.5 hours minimum/day for 5 days/week
6 week cycles (7 cycles per year)
Complete Associates degree in 1.5 – 2 years
Tuition and books at no cost to students
Unit Classes are Available
Important Information Regarding LSEC classes
- LSEC classes are scholarship funded to Active Duty Military, Retirees, The Department of the Army/Department of Defense Civilians, their family members and the members of the National Guard & Reserve Components. Active Duty soldiers have priority.
- Students MUST attend the first day of class or they will be dropped.
- Students are only eligible to enroll in 3 classes during an LSEC cycle.
- All Barton classes have a required minimum of 8 students. Classes that do not meet the student minimum are subject to cancellation.
- All students must enroll through Self-Service>Students via MyBarton by the published deadline below.
- Students are required to provide their own technology needed to attend the LiveOnline classes.
- Classes meet Monday-Friday unless otherwise posted.
- If no materials are listed for the class, all information needed will be provided in the course shell.
Students attending Barton Community College classes utilizing the Military (UOF) Scholarship will be dropped from their course(s) for non-activity/attendance in accordance with the description/schedule listed below.
Students will be dropped for non-activity on the sixth day of the cycle. Activity is defined as completing the first graded assignment of your course. This activity can be located within the Canvas shell or administered by the course faculty member.
Students will be dropped for non-attendance for an unexcused absence on the first day of class. Attendance is defined as coming to the physical classroom or logging into the virtual classroom and actively participating for the duration of the instructional period.